Monday, February 20, 2012

Post Weekend: Food for Thought

I was lucky enough to spend 2 days of my looong weekend with my baby neice, Emma Jane :)  She is 2 years old going on 25 and she is the love of my life. Spending time with her always makes me think about certain things I wish for her future. She is a silly, goofy, smiley little wonder who reminds me ALOT of my little girls in kindergarten. I suppose the most important thing for those little ladies to know is that it is OK to be yourself because being yourself is beautiful. This brings me to a photo that has been the background of my classroom computer for quite some time now...
Everytime I see this, I laugh. Growing up, for me anyway, the Disney Princesses were dipicted as "perfect". Perfect hair, perfect dresses, even perfect singing voices..but this picture truly puts things into perspective. REAL princesses aren't scared to be goofy. So, as I get ready to turn in and prepare for another week, I hope you can all find the joy in this photo and I hope you all out there know to stay true to yourself, because THAT is what makes you a princess :)
Goodnight Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment